Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Check your Medicines

I have a friend who is going through a prescription medicine nightmare. My friend has a son who has health issues. She went to fill his medicine and the pharmacy gave her the wrong dosage. The medicine he was prescribed already has serious side effects if not monitored. The child was suppose to be taking 250mg 3x a day for his seizures and the pharmacy gave her 500mg 3x a day, therefore; doubling his dosage. The child is looking at long term problems. He could possibly have liver or pancreas problems.
Parents we must be cautious about what the doctor is prescribing and check the prescription slip with the bottle and the medicine itself. My friend happen to the check the pills that had the dosage on it. It is so scary to know this happen to my friend. I am going to be more cautious and ask questions if I don't know.

1 comment:

Beccalynn81 said...

Wow, that is terrible! I'm glad I have a pharmacist in the house to check that before I give it to my child! Not everyone is so lucky