Thursday, April 2, 2009

Guilt as Well

My cousin had written a note on her blog about feeling guilty for not being at home with her kids and having to work outside the home. I would love to hear others solutions and options on this matter. I totally understand her dilemma. I too feel like my kids are craving my attention. When I get home they are all on me and wanting me to hold them and that is hard to divide your attention between little babies and then get a little down time for yourself after a long day. I wish I had the luxury to work only parttime but I don't think that will ever happen. I enjoy working outside the home and it gives me a little bit of an identity for myself and the extra money does help out. It does make me sad that sometimes my kids misbehaves and maybe it is for attention eventhough it is negative. I am hard on them at times but it is because I worry so much that if I am not then they will turn out like some of my kids I teach at school and I do not want that. I am glad I get the summers off with them though. I love them and why didn't someone tell me that parenting was so hard???

5 comments:

Beccalynn81 said...

It IS hard being a mom! Someone should have warned us! Where were our mothers on this? :)

I know how you feel. I feel very lucky to be able to stay home with my kids. And since I used to teach, I carry that with me too like you said about not wanting your kids to turn out like some of the ones we have taught. Teaching is one of the best jobs to have with kids since you do get the summers to spend with them unlike other professions.

I wish I had a solution for you. I'll just say some prayers that you win the lottery or something! :) But seriously, your kids love you and are thankful for you working...you do it for them, to take care of your family, so never feel bad about that!

Ashley said...

You know that I definitely sympathize. I hope we can get resolution soon. I am still praying for part-time.

Anonymous said...

This is your mom speaking and I thought i did tell you that you were not a piece of cake raising you.Ha I was a stay at home mom and you crave attention as if I was gone to work. your doing a good job keep up the good work.

rc said...

You're a great Mother and the kids adore you. Don't worry so much. You spend more time with your kids than a lot of parents do. I don't think your kids are hurting for anything. They are loved and taken good care of!

Jenn said...

I was fortunate enough to get to stay home with Jacie for over a year & it was wonderful! However, I do enjoy being back at work. I enjoy the "adult" interactions and having something to do. I do occasionally feel guilty about not being home with Jacie. I feel especially guilty on those days where she is sick & she's with Mom while I'm at work. It just feels like I'm not doing an adequate job, but then again, I'm very thankful to have a Mom who is able to help out in situations like that. I don't think there will ever be a "solution" to this issue!