Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Colby & Caylin

It was this day at 1:30pm Colby Parker was born and 6 minutes later at 1:36pm, Caylin Leigh was born. We had the babies party last Saturday. It was a barn yard theme. They had cupcakes and received lots of toys. They both got a baby swimming pool together from Dave and me. Caylin received a baby stroller and baby dolls and other goodies. Colby got a train toy and outfits. They both got a picnic table to play on as well.
Colby
Caylin

I am so blessed to have these angels. I can remember the day perfectly. I was put on bedrest and I was on bed rest starting my second week. I was going to the doctor at least twice a week. It was March the 10th, a Monday, and I had been having contractions but nothing too horrible. I made it to the doctor and was dilated to a 3. My doctor said I was not going anywhere because I was in active labor. I was admitted to the hospital. It was a slow labor process. I finally dilated to a 7 the next day, yes I said the next day, it was a long labor. The twins labor was much easier than Calebs because I went in labor on my own. The hospital had tried to stop my contractions Monday but it didn't work and they were coming. I was taken to the operationg room and didn't get to be in the birthing room just in case I had to have an emergency c-section but I didn't have to. It was an easy delivery and each baby came out fine. Colby weighed in at 4lb 9oz. Caylin did not cry when she came out and had to have oxygen. She weighed in at 4lb 4oz. They were so tiny. They stayed in the NICU for two weeks as feeder and growers. They did great and had no prematurity problems. They were born 4 1/2 weeks early. Their due date was April 16th. I can't believe they were so small at one time but now a big boy and girl. They had a great birthday and it was a success.
She LOVES to eat!
1 years old

3 comments:

Beccalynn81 said...

Happy Birthday Colby and Caylin! What beautiful babies you still are!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they're a year old! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day my, I mean to your angels...LOL. Those are the most precious twins ever. I love you babies!!!